Industry veterans and Northwest wine reviewers Michele Francisco and Matt Talbot produce Winerabble, an online resource covering all things wine with an unpretentious and educational approach. Both have backgrounds in wine buying, marketing, tasting, reviewing and judging — and are endlessly curious about regional wines and the people who produce them. Hence, their “Why Wine?” series, profiling winemakers to find out how they came to the passion — and profession — of wine.
Michele and Matt interviewed Winemaker Dave recently, asking him a range of questions, including:
- Was there a specific wine, moment or place that unlocked your passion?
- What did you study in school and what were you doing before you started in the wine industry?
- How has being in the wine industry changed you?
- What’s your favorite part of being in the wine industry?
- Looking back, was there something in your past that led you to wine?
The short answers? Beaune; Finance/Law; Adapting to a lack of control; Personal connections; and Sara! To read what Dave had to say in its entirety, check out the article, here.