We hosted our second annual Fanfare Club Spring Release party on Sunday, April 23, 2017 to a huge turnout of more than 85 members and guests. It was a fun opportunity to release the 2016 Prelude Rosé of Pinot noir (a look back here at how it was made), and unveil our brand new winery porch. Unfortunately the weather didn’t play along 100% of the time with our plans, but several folks managed to enjoy the new space in between the raindrops.
In addition, we had a lot of fun working with Sharon Freeman of Wine Country Catering Company to come up with some special small-bites pairings to match each of the featured wines. Sharon, a sommelier, declared them ALL her favorites:
- 2016 Prelude Rosé of Pinot Noir & Polenta Cake with Spicy Roasted Vegetables
- 2013 Titan Pinot Noir & Hot and Cold Smoked Salmon Mousse
- 2014 Titan Pinot Noir & Sherried Mushroom and Gruyere Tart
- 2014 Villanelle Tonnelier Vineyard Reserve Pinot Noir & Bacon-Wrapped Manchego Stuffed Date
- 2014 Firebird Syrah & Bells Up’s own Grape Crisp
Here’s a few photos from the event.
We were also treated to an impromptu performance by local French hornist Tim, also a Fanfare Club member, who managed to get our Riedel Horn Decanter to make some noise:
Thank you to everyone who attended! Stay tuned for our next Fanfare Club event, the July 4 Fireworks Viewing party.